Building a stunning website in seconds has gained popularity these days. No coding or website designing skills are required. You click through instructions, and that’s it, your Website will be up and running without you having to break a sweat or spending a fortune. But,
having too many similar website builders that can do the same thing makes it challenging to pick the best fit for your needs. In this case, if you understand the benefits of the core features of a website builder, choosing becomes a no brainer. Is Siterubix website builder an excellent choice for your needs or not? Let’s get to the review.
Website Builder Name: SiteRubix
Website address: www.siterubix.com
Owners: Kyle and Carson
Price: Basic Free.
Premium @$49/month all-inclusive as at review date (see details in the review)
Overall rating overview:
How Is Siterubix different from other website builders?
Building a website without qualifying technical skills used to be a challenge, and somewhat expensive to the ordinary. Even when making an essential website, but not anymore. This online application has everything you need plus more, to build a website with no programming or web designing skills. If you can read, or listen, and follow the click-through instructions, you’ll be good to go.
Check out the following.
Building a website in SiteRubix + Domain names selection
The steps to building a website in Siterubix (an extract):
Just as you see,
After filling out all relevant fields, you build a website by tapping on “build it” button. And your Website will be ready for setup in minutes in WordPress. You get a step by step training to set it up within the hosting platform.
Domain name options in Siterubix
The system gives you three options for choosing domain names (essential to note). A domain name, meaning, the name of your Website. For instance, www.yourdomainname.com if you were to type the URL on a browser.
Their options allow you to;
Build a website using a free domain name.
That is mainly suitable for starters who want to experiment or experience building a website without spending a dime. But anyone can also leverage it. Besides, you can keep free SiteRubix websites forever.
You don’t own that Website. Just like a rented property. Plus, your domain name will have SiteRubix extension to it. For instance, www.yourdomainname.siterubix.com
If you want a website, you will own; by moving your SiteRubix Website to a purchased domain name.
They give you two additional options that allow you to;
Use a domain name you purchased somewhere.
Places such as Godaddy, Namecheap, basically, any place you can buy domain names. As long as you are allowed to transfer the title to a different host network to power your Website (more on hosting later); you can use such domains to build a website in Siterubix.
Next option, you can also,
Purchase a domain name inside Siterubix
Siterubix is powered by Wealthy Affiliate. Their domain names come with extra benefits that I find excellent and savvy too. From other domain name sellers, one would pay for those additional services.
Domain name services are all-inclusive at SiteRubix, as shown above. They include site health check, SSL Certificate (the security lock next to the URL), who is protection, unlimited email accounts, catching and more. That allows you to build websites, manage emails, manage domains, and streamline your business in one hosting platform.
What type of Websites can you create with Siterubix?
All websites that you build using Siterubix comes with WordPress.org preinstalled.
You can think of any type you can build using WordPress.org content management system (CMS). They range from a simple blogging website, membership sites, eCommerce shops, platforms similar to Facebook, all the way, including significant business websites; you do your research.
But, only if you know how to setup those types of sites.
Given recent inside updates, as from 16 March 2020, you are allowed to host up to 10 websites of any type on their network. That’s a massive drop from the previous 25 (at least to the newcomers. Existing users are grandfathered to the prior number of websites).
What you need to know;
To get the most of SiteRubix website builder, you need to accept the baggage that tags along, and it comes with limitations.
Wealthy Affiliate, a training platform for affiliate marketers powers SiteRubix (you’ve already seen it on the above image). That’s where you get the Training to build a website in wordpress.org using SiteRubix.
The limitations to it
Since the platform is for affiliate marketers; yup, you guessed that right. Unless you know how to setup other types of websites in WordPress, you’ll learn to build a website that fits in the affiliate marketing framework.
What you get from using Siterubix and the platform
Apart from the already mentioned, you gain instant access to;
– An affiliate marketing training course
– A top-notch multipurpose keyword research tool, Jaaxy
– Online Interactions with 2million plus community members within the training platform. That has its benefits. Those members have diverse skillsets. There are other technical experts too.
Siterubix’s hosting framework
Websites hosted at Siterubix runs on a Managed WordPress hosting service network.
The host company, Siterubix, manages the critical technical aspects of running a website in WordPress. Imagine if you were to handle the following functional elements on your own; you’ll have to hire professional experts. That can cost you a fortune.
They take care of your website security, website speed, website reliability, and website support, among other things. With them, you interact directly with the WordPress experts, no technical front liners when in need of technical support. I find this brilliant as it cuts off delays when reporting technical queries, and you’ll always find a solution to your questions.
The low down to it all
How the SiteRubix managed WordPress hosting platform operate
As with any managed WordPress platform, they pride security, speed, reliability and support as their primary goal to become the leaders in the industry. So, let’s see if they live up to their pride as I go in-depth with this review onto their services.
Every website owner operates in fear of cyber attacks, ransom website takeovers, information security basically, any form of online threats you can think of that can cause anxiety to the site owner, or those that negatively affect the targeted end-users. Of course; provided your Website is not for malicious purpose.
Which in this case,
Siterubix secures both the website owner and the end-users. So when you build a website with them, make sure it’s for a good cause; otherwise, they will deprive you of their services once they pick up you’re using them for malicious deeds (Some countries don’t have access to a free plan for such reasons).
With Siterubix, security measures are at the server level. Meaning, cyber attackers will have to get to their host network first before penetrating your Website. So, you rest assured knowing there is an army of online security experts guarding your website day and night.
Although they somehow guarantee that form of tight security, that doesn’t stop some cyber attackers from trying their luck. You know a more robust strike can hit the target, and it takes an expert to prevent that from happening. Well, they are the experts.
The number of failed hacking attempts according to the owners:
Reported incidents I have heard of within the platform, relates to where the website owner did not put in place security measures at the computer level. For instance, not installing anti-virus software, or clicking through links that contain spyware or malware that copies the user’s password et cetera.
If you’re a sceptic,
You can also choose to take the extra to advise from other experienced technical professionals within the platform to create your small security layer; to double your website protection.
Websites that take too long to load pushes internet users to abandon your site in a matter of seconds. You’ve probably done it before; it takes a few seconds for one to hit a back button if a website takes forever to load.
At Siterubix, they know the importance of having a fast loading website, and for that reason, your website speed is taken care of if you host it with them.
My take on Siterubix’s hosting approach to speed,
I’ve learned that there is a lot that impacts a website’s loading speed, which may sometimes have nothing or less to do with the host.
You tell me, how long did it take to view content on this Website?.
And yes, Siterubix websites can have speed issues too.
A new website with a dummy content. It is a test website I created for this review.
A mature website with content, test results for speed from 3 different testing tools
Overall, not bad. Although the last one is slightly above the recommended max 2s.
Five months, I have been using SiteRubix services, and I still am, I have never experienced any downtime or blackout moments resulting from significant bug fixes, systems maintenance or system upgrades. You know, those issues that cause system breakdowns.
Thanks to the automated backups,
They do auto mirror screenshots of your Website every second behind the scenes and keep daily backups of your Website. If you see a “system maintenance” mode on a Siterubix website, most likely, it would be due to the website owner making significant changes to their site.
Their approach to reliability provides the dream optimal hosting environment. If you’re new to It, it may appear there are no changes to the system until the co-founders, Kyle or Carson drops an announcement on the recent changes to an upgrade or system development.
Important to note;
If you wiggle something on your site manager area or in WordPress, those moves that will somehow negatively affect your Website, that will take you to the next point (I learned that the hard way);
Siterubix Website support
Here you have direct access to server administrators, no front liners. If you have any website issues, you submit your query to site support, and your logged ticket gets processed quickly.
One incident, I had been petty with some settings and plugins in WordPress, changing themes and all. That almost turned my Website upside down but thanks to the site support and their dummy backups. All appeared functional on the forefront while I was paper sanding the rough patches, sweating behind the scenes.
In a nutshell, the queries you’ll get to submit to SiteRubix site support are usually the self-inflicted type, those that create a learning curve. Since then, I created a sandbox for testing plugins and settings before applying any significant changes to a live system.
Response time to queries?
They are reasonably quick to respond irrespective of different time zones. Any delays to responses most likely would be on your part.
That doesn’t mean there are no reports for delayed responses from the technical team. There are cases for such that I have spotted within the platform. They are not many, usually on extreme scenarios or unusual queries.
Siterubix hosting package
Siterubix hosting levels
Their hosting levels are in two folds. Free plan and the premium plan. Both levels will give you access to Wealthy Affiliate’s training platform so,
Here are the differences in summary;
Siterubix free hosting plan package
The free tier allows users to build one website (according to the new changes, previously, 2) without spending a penny.
As you would expect, with pennies in your pockets, anticipate limited functionalities too.
In this case,
The free domain name will bear SiteRubix name extension whether you like it or not. If you want to drop the SiteRubix to get a straight .com .org or a .net, you have to upgrade to Wealthy Affiliate’s premium membership at an all Inclusive fee. There are no upsells. Only the domain name purchases they charge separately.
Additional points to note,
A free hosting plan will not give you access to the full selection of themes and plugins for your Website designing, even if you’ll be using wordpress.org. Your choices will be limited to the preinstalled.
You gain limited access to the training platform. That means, inadequate training to setting up and designing a website in WordPress.org, limited access to interactions with other community members, limited access to tools and other benefits of using the platform.
The premium level hosting plan in Siterubix
It comes in an all-inclusive package that has;
- the premium level hosting services,
- the advanced Training to building a website,
- full access to the affiliate marketing training course,
- the online tools (Jaaxy and other platforms),
- total interactions with other community members and other extra benefits of using the platform.
There are no upsells.
Pros and Cons of Siterubix
- You can start from zero to learning how to build a website. And work your way up to creating a significant online property or business. There are no barriers to entry if you have good intentions. Only your commitment and willingness to learn will be your secrete weapon to success.
- With no substantial reasons to own a website, the affiliate marketing training course that powers Siterubix will help you built a website with a purpose. That is, they teach you how to turn any passion, weakness, or pain point in life into an income-generating project.
- I’ve heard that some website builders automatically place their ads on their users’ websites, that’s not the case with SiteRubix. The website owner has full control of the ads he or she places on the Website.
- The premium hosting tier comes with additional benefits at a giveaway subscription fee compared to other similar hosting platforms.
- With recent updates to Siterubix, you can now host up to 10 websites of any type but, only those who know how to build other types can leverage the affordable price. Otherwise, you’ll have to learn it somewhere. (1% deduction from Training, there is room for developing) hint: new developments are underway so stay tuned.
- Some of the premade WordPress themes are not flexible enough to allow much customization without CSS knowledge, HTML or some form of programming or web design skills.
- For the non-tech, you may find yourself stuck with a website design you don’t like, or having to change or buy a premium theme that will allow you to customize it effortlessly. (1% deduction from Training. there is room for improvement for the non-tech)
- It’s all bed of lily flowers until you decide to move a domain name you purchased via Siterubix to another host network. I’ve not yet experienced this bump, but I’ve learned from others’ battles that there are ways to avoid falling into the same rabbit hole. (Zero % deduction. Weigh the pros and cons and read the terms and conditions before making a purchase).
- This point is not a significant concern, but a highlight that will give you the heads up to not expect everything to be perfect when using SiteRubix. Not everyone will have the same experience. (1% deduction on each on the following relating to hosting: Support 1%, Speed 1% = 2% total deduction from hosting. There are rooms for improvement).
- There are limited choices to domain extensions if you choose to purchase a domain name with a country-specific extension (e.g. .uk, .ca, .za, etc.) or other extensions they do not support. They specialize in top-level high ranking .com, .org, or .net. If you bring along your domain name, you won’t have access to managing emails within the website management area inside the platform. (1% deduction from Domains)
- Overall, it appears all the benefits of using SiteRubix outweigh the cons.
Based on my experience, of course, and as I use the platform, I think SiteRubix is an excellent website builder for anyone. The non-techy and those with nothing can build something of value and worth living for, from humble beginnings. The professionals and seasoned online marketers; they can improve their lifestyles, and establish businesses on a hosting platform that accommodates long-term business expansion in WordPress.org.