Have you been thinking about creating a blog website but keep wondering what you will write? Or how you can cash from it? The good news is, blogging can be both a side hustle and a hobby. Here is how you make it both.
Create a blog website for your favourite hobby
You wouldn’t want to end up turning your side hustle into a daunting task if you’re going to maintain the hobby status. Choose something you like to talk about a lot. Something that will not bore you quickly. Can be a broad topic like soccer, hair care, pets, partying or anything that excites you and pushes you towards your happiness zone. Things that any day, anytime you don’t mind participating in related activities too.
Online activities that will shape your blog and help you display your championship
To power up your blog, you will have to be active;
• Researching your hobby to produce quality information and updates
• Staying alert on new developments relating to the hobby and all things related
• Scouting for breaking news about the hobby
• Adding a skill or showcasing your experience for the hobby while helping others
By default, the above actions should be the things triggered by your undying interests to help you stay afloat on the subject matter. Think of that one friend who is always a step ahead with knowledge on the things you discuss when you hook up. That’s how you roll with a blog too.
And of course, the most critical activity, you do the talking via written content, videos, audio, graphics, you can incorporate other means of communication. Whichever method makes you feel comfortable?
Things to blog about relating to your hobby to turn blogging into a side gig
The tricky part. This phase separates an ordinary blog from a side hustle type. Your blog needs to stand out to draw like-minded visitors.
Imagine having a team of the like-minded friends stopping by your crib. Close friends or not, as long as they fancy anything related to your hobby. You find ways to keep the squad entertained by discussing the things you both like. Everyone leaves with everlasting memories and some valuable lessons. You do the same thing with your blog posts.
- Surprise your blog visitors with new tactics of doing things they are already doing.
- Solve a problem they always struggle with relating to the hobby.
- Discuss future predictions relating to the hobby to pick their brains and understand their concerns.
- Expose secrets relating to the hobby to keep the conversations juicy.
- Exchange information on things related to the hobby to grow your network.
- Include spoiler alerts to keep them checking your blog for updates.
- Introduce conversations about new products you recently discovered, tell them where to buy those products.
Were you thinking of turning them into paying customers for your efforts? Create suspense on things they won’t easily find elsewhere. Those that will make them not hesitate to part ways with their pennies. Careful, it got to be worth it.
Ways to make money from a blog
All sounds juicy at the top. How do you cash from a blog? Do you think your squad can suddenly give you money as a reward for free entertainment without you offering something? Not a chance!
You find something to offer. Otherwise, your efforts to make your blog a side hustle will go to waste.
Here are the options, you pick whatever keeps it rolling—no need to add unnecessary pressure to your efforts.
• Advertise existing products relating to the hobby through affiliate marketing to earn commissions.
• Create your own products that are related to the hobby and sell them directly – caution! don’t reinvent the wheel.
• Place related ads in case your visitors spot something they like and earn from the clicks.
• Offer your specialized services which are in line with the purpose of your blog. You got to sell things that will add value to them to turn them into paying customers.
P. S: -There are micro-skills to learn in each of the above; it’s not a walk in the park.
Where do you start?
Start by creating a website, something you can easily do even without technical skills. Head over here for a simple solution with exceptional benefits.
Happy blogging 🙂